Posted to dev@xalan.apache.org by John Prevost <pr...@maya.com> on 2000/02/23 05:34:08 UTC

Question: Commented-out code from FuncDocument.java

FuncDocument.java contains the following code snippet:

    if(args.size() > 1)
    {
      XObject arg2 = (XObject)args.elementAt(1);
      if(XObject.CLASS_NODESET == arg2.getType())
      {
>       /* Node baseNode = arg2.nodeset().item(0);
>        Document baseDoc = (Node.DOCUMENT_NODE == baseNode.getNodeType()) ?
>                           (Document)baseNode : baseNode.getOwnerDocument();
>
>        if(baseDoc instanceof Stylesheet)
>          base = ((Stylesheet)baseDoc).getBaseIdentifier();
>        else
>          base = execContext.findURIFromDoc(baseDoc);
>        */
?         base = execContext.getNamespaceContext().getBaseIdentifier();
    }

I've put >'s next to the part that's commented out, and a ? next to
the piece I think is questionable.  It's my impression from looking at
this that the base URI used by document() is currently independent of
the second argument when given--that is, I can't ask for another base
document.

Since the current release doesn't have this content commented out, I'm
supposing this is in flux.

Should I pursue this problem, or is someone else working on it?  (I
noted that the Cocoon source was not doing setSystemId on the source
document, only on the stylesheet, which may have been making trouble.
And there also seems to be the possibility that the document is
passing through the XalanLiaison but because of something about it,
not getting handled properly.)  I'll continue to work to trace this
down until I hear that it's already being taken care of.

John Prevost.