Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by tom john <cy...@yahoo.com> on 2002/05/23 15:34:06 UTC

native xml database

Hi,
does any has any idea about native xml databases. i
need to know which is better to use..(i have no idea)
eg. apache xindice, open source database 'eXist' etc..
thanks

RE: native xml database

Posted by tom john <cy...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Paul,
Thank you very much for your reply. certainly
appreciate it.
the need for xmldatabase for my application more with
respect to its size. the server of my application gets
and stores all its data in xml format. so the log file
certainly grows bigger all the time. now it stores it
as DOM document, but certainly after sometime it grows
so big it gives outofmemory error.
i dont need to store it as a relational database. the
only reason i need it is to store all this ever
increasing data not in virtual memory but as a
database somewhere else but be able to retrieve it
anytime i need.
i would appreciate your comments.
thanks again

RE: native xml database