Posted to log4net-dev@logging.apache.org by Phil Haack <ha...@gmail.com> on 2006/08/09 18:01:11 UTC

Log4Net patches

Ok, let me retry this email since I sent it to the wrong list.

-------------

Hello,

I'm just *trying* to following the instructions at the bottom of this page

(http://logging.apache.org/log4net/contributing.html#svn-anon) which says:

> however it may also be worth mailing the log4net-dev list to encourage

the

> project committers to apply your patch, or at least find out when they

may

> do so.

So that is exactly what I'm hoping to do! ;)  I'm the lead on Subtext

(http://subtextproject.com/) which makes heavy use of Log4Net so I'm trying
to help fix issues I'm running into.  Please let me know if my submissions
can be improved.

I submitted a patch:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-88?watch=true

and found what I think is a bug:

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/LOG4NET-89

I would have submitted a patch to the bug, but I'm not exactly sure what the
fix should be. I am applying the potential fix to my local code base.

In any case, let me know if these can be applied any time soon to Log4Net.

Keep up the great work!

Thanks!

Phil Haack

http://haacked.com/