Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Arch <ar...@fina2.net> on 2015/01/12 13:56:12 UTC

JavaFx addon causes OO to freeze in linux (works in windows)

Hello

I have got a custom OpenOffice addon which was developed by my company.
Addon works fine on windows systems but causes oo to crush when ran in
linux.
Addon loads simple javafx frame. The problem is that there is no
exception thrown whatsoever, no errors in openoffice logs, even when i
run it from source code in debug mode. OO freezes the moment it tries to
load javafx.
Have tested the addon on 4 different linux distributions : (CentOs 6.5,
Arch Linux, Linux Mint 17.1, Fedora), OO versions: 4.1.0 and 4.1.1, Java
versions : 1.7.0_67, 1.8.0_25-b17.

Simple Login window which i'm trying to load:
http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=RNPKzQew

Is there any known issue with openoffice & javafx in linux? Has anyone
experanced same problem?
Is javafx supported technology for oo addons in linux?

--

Best regards,

Nika Chanturia

Java Developer