Posted to user@struts.apache.org by Dimitar Vlasev <vl...@gmail.com> on 2008/11/25 12:09:56 UTC

How to place struts2-core.jar outside web-app.war?

Hi,
I'm having problem to configure web application enclosed in .ear module.
I'm using Struts 2.0.12 and JBoss 4.2.3 running on java 1.6.

The application is in .war module, which is placed inside .ear module.
[In fact this is small test application for me to get used with the
new features in Struts 2]
When I implemented SessionAware in my test action, I had .ear
deployment exception which said that classloader can't find
org.apache.struts2.interceptor.SessionAware
I can get around this problem if I place the struts2-core.jar outside
the web-app.war but then I have problems referring to /struts-tags in
.jsp files:

And I'm not sure whether other problems might appear with this
configuration in future (like using themes which I thing depend on
content in the /templates folder of the struts2-core.jar)

Any ideas how to overcome this obstacle - I mean besides splitting the
struts2-core.jar in two and placing it's parts where needed.

Thank you in advance.

Re: How to place struts2-core.jar outside web-app.war?

Posted by Dimitar Vlasev <vl...@gmail.com>.
Thank you very much Nils,
you've spotted the problem - the action class was packed in a .jar
file which was outside the .war module.
When I placed it in the .war everything worked smoothly.

Best regards,

Posted by Nils-Helge Garli Hegvik <ni...@gmail.com>.