Posted to announce@apache.org by Leif Hedstrom <zw...@apache.org> on 2013/09/01 04:56:11 UTC

[ANNOUNCE] Apache Traffic Server 4.0.1 is released!

        Apache Traffic Server v4.0.1 Released

The Apache Software Foundation and the Apache Traffic Server project are pleased to announce the release of Apache Traffic Server v4.0.1! This is our latest stable release, and is immediately available for download at

	http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads

This is the culmination of over a year's worth of work on features and bug fixes. Some facts about this release since our last stable release:

	* There are contributions from 59 individuals
	* Over 1,300 commits in Git
	* 446 Jira tickets were closed

Upgrading from the previous v3.2 release to v4.0 should be done with care, since the cache is not backwards compatible. This means upgrading will cause the cache to be reinitialized. More details on upgrading is available on the Wiki:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/Upgrading+to+v4.0

There's a number of new features in this major release, the highlights from the Wiki includes:

	* Assign URLs to specific storage units.
	* HTTP transaction buffering control
	* CPU thread affinity
	* Cache empty documents
	* Fast Range: request handling
	* More plugin and remap overridable configurations
	* Lifecycle hooks for plugins
	* A couple of new plugins, including a gzip plugin

More details is available at

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What%27s+new+in+v4.0.0

Finally, this release marks a new milestone in how we will manage future releases. This is documented in our new release proposal:

	https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/New+Release+Processes

Sincerely,

-- The Apache Traffic Server community