Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by "Singleton, Owen" <ow...@csg.ch> on 2001/01/16 13:35:49 UTC

Missing Content Type

I posted this question last week but didn't get any repsonses.

I'm working with the Mime samples and using the nightly build soap.jar from 13 January on both the client and the server and the latest sample code.  I've compared the request headers to the specification and they are largely the same (with a few exceptions).  The request header is missing the "boundary" parameter but includes an extra one for "type".  Is this significant?

Any clues on how to progress would, as always, be much appreciated.

Thanks

Owen

[osinglet@luxdev mime]$ java samples.mime.MimeTestClient $SOAP_URL sendFile MimeTestClient.java
Generated fault:
  Fault Code   = SOAP-ENV:Protocol
  Fault String = Missing content type.

Request Header
POST /soap/servlet/rpcrouter HTTP/1.0 Host: localhost:8010
SOAPAction: ""

Response Header

HTTP/1.0 500 Internal Server Error
Servlet-Engine: Tomcat Web Server/3.2.1 (JSP 1.1; Servlet 2.2; Java 1.3.0; Linux 2.2.14-5.0 i386; java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.)  <SOAP-ENV:Envelope xmlns:SOAP-ENV="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/" xmlns:xsi="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema-instance" xmlns:xsd="http://www.w3.org/1999/XMLSchema">
<SOAP-ENV:Body>
<SOAP-ENV:Fault>
<faultcode>SOAP-ENV:Protocol</faultcode>
<faultstring>Missing content type.</faultstring>
<faultactor>/soap/servlet/rpcrouter</faultactor>
</SOAP-ENV:Fault>
</SOAP-ENV:Body>
</SOAP-ENV:Envelope>

This message is for the named person's use only.  It may contain
confidential, proprietary or legally privileged information.  No
If you receive this message in error, please immediately delete it and all
sender.  You must not, directly or indirectly, use, disclose, distribute,
recipient. CREDIT SUISSE GROUP and each of its subsidiaries each reserve
the right to monitor all e-mail communications through its networks.  Any
views expressed in this message are those of the individual sender, except
where the message states otherwise and the sender is authorised to state
them to be the views of any such entity.