Posted to user@hbase.apache.org by Nguyen Thi Ngoc Huong <hu...@gmail.com> on 2009/08/21 03:33:56 UTC

Location of HBase's database (database' s files) on the hard disk

Hi all,
I am a beginner to HBase. I have some question with Hbase after setup Hbase
and Hadoop.

The first, After setup Hbase and create a new database, I don't know where
is location of HBase's database (database' s files) on the hard disk. At the
first, I think it is on the hbase.rootdir directory, however, when I delete
directory hbase.rootdir, and type the command "list", all of database
exist.

The second, after restart computer and restart hbase, all database of HBase
is lost. Is it always true? Or did I configure wrong? How can i configure
Hbase to save  database after restart computer?

--
Nguyễn Thị Ngọc Hương

Re: Location of HBase's database (database' s files) on the hard disk

Posted by Amandeep Khurana <am...@gmail.com>.
Data in hbase tables resides in the memory till it gets flushed to
persistent storage. Anything that was in the memory would probably be lost
unless you are using the write ahead logs (which you would be using by
default in 0.20 if you dont disable it in the puts).

Amandeep Khurana
Computer Science Graduate Student
University of California, Santa Cruz

Posted by Nguyen Thi Ngoc Huong <hu...@gmail.com>.