Posted to users@jackrabbit.apache.org by "Reddy, Gangadasu S" <Ga...@fisglobal.com> on 2015/07/22 12:59:50 UTC

Jackrabbit Deployment problem in Tomcat 8

Hi,

I am recently had to use jackrabbit. I was able to deploy the JackRabbit WAR file in Tomcat 7. However I am not able to deploy in Tomcat 8, because it is throwing an error saying only one repository can be configured. I did double check, I am using only one repository in  Tomcat 8.
Is this a Known issue? Is there any workaround for this.

Regards,
GSR

_____________

Re: Jackrabbit Deployment problem in Tomcat 8

Posted by Clay Ferguson <wc...@gmail.com>.
Well, I'm not using jackrabbit webapp because my app is based on SpringBoot
(see meta64.com and on github), but I can tell you two tips: 1) Look into
the web.xml to see where servlets are being configured, and 2) don't try to
use jackrabbit without getting the latest stable version (v 1.2.3) and
downloading all the source and building on your machine.Then just search
the code for that error message and see what triggers it. Jackrabbit is not
something you can use just based on their docs. You really have to dig into
the code, to learn it unfortunately, but others on this email list will
help out. Check into those things and get back to us.

Best regards,
Clay Ferguson
wclayf@gmail.com
214-957-5950

Posted by Clay Ferguson <wc...@gmail.com>.
Also personally I would do a full "mvn clean install" (of the entire Oak
code) on the chosen Java version also, just to be sure all class files and
jars are at the same level. I realize java is backwards compatible, but I
just think it's good practice to build everything to the same compiler
level whenever possible.

Best regards,
Clay Ferguson
wclayf@gmail.com

Posted by Jeroen Reijn <j....@onehippo.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Frederic Gilbart <fg...@capsiel.fr>.
Hi,

I had the same trouble few month ago. So far I can remember, it seems to have issue with tomcat 8
getServletContext().getResourceAsStream
which returns bad thing when path start (or not.. I can't remember) with "/". Then jackrabbit jsp error page hides information.

Had no other solution than using a local RepositoryStartupServlet to make it work: try adding a catch around

InputStream in = getServletContext().getResourceAsStream(repConfig);

In the RepositoryStartupServlet .java private void initRepository() throws ServletException method to get more log.

Hope that helps.

No more using this so I don't have full code now.

Fred