Posted to xindice-dev@xml.apache.org by Kevin Ross <Ke...@iVerticalLeap.com> on 2003/07/15 00:39:58 UTC

XmldbClientTest (attn: Vlad)

Hi Vladimir,

So far, the cross-protocol testing client is pretty cool.  Some bug
fixes that went into the embedded version are now showing up as broken
in xmlrpc, which is awesome.

The problem:

I'm having a hard time debugging 'what' happens 'when'.  Specifically, I
receive an ERROR in a teardown of the test.  Would you be able to shed
some light (or is there a doc that I don't know about) concerning the
XmldbClientTest and the generic methodology of it's workings.  Also, how
can I run the test with Eclipse through the Junit plugin?  I'd like to
run the debugger which would be a great help.

Specifically, I'm working on test-integration-xmlrpc.

[java] 1)
testDropCollectionEmptyName(org.apache.xindice.integration.client.basic.
CollectionTest)org.xmldb.api.base.XMLDBException: Cannot remove child
collection[current]
[java]     at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.xmlrpc.CollectionImpl.removeCollection(C
ollectionImpl.java:705)
[java]     at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.CollectionManagementServiceImpl
.removeCollection(CollectionManagementServiceImpl.java:130)
[java]     at
org.apache.xindice.client.xmldb.services.CollectionManagementServiceImpl
.dropCollection(CollectionManagementServiceImpl.java:211)
[java]     at
org.apache.xindice.integration.client.XmlDbClient.dropCollection(XmlDbCl
ient.java:125)
[java]     at
org.apache.xindice.integration.client.AbstractXmlDbClientTest.tearDown(A
bstractXmlDbClientTest.java:82)

Thanks!  I just don't want to spend too much time chasing my tail if you
can get me up to speed in a few minutes.

Kevin Ross