Posted to users@netbeans.apache.org by Alex Orlov <oo...@mail.ru.INVALID> on 2021/05/20 07:17:07 UTC

Should I install nb-javac plugin?

Hello, all

I’ve read several times in NB mailing list that nb-javac is not a very good thing. So, could anyone say if I
should install plugin for NB 12.3 or not?

--
Best regards, Alex Orlov

Re: Should I install nb-javac plugin?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
And "Compile On Save", not sure if it works with NetBeans modules, or
whether that's really needed. But could be handy, I suppose.

Gj

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.

Posted by Dragan Bjedov <dr...@gmail.com>.
Hello,

--

MSc Dragan Bjedov

Re: Should I install nb-javac plugin?

Posted by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net>.

Posted by Will Hartung <wi...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Laszlo Kishalmi <la...@gmail.com>.
Yes for hot code reload. NetBeans just compiles the required classes
either with the used build tool.

If you happen to enable CoS, then some build tools can use shortcuts,
not to invoke a lengthy build process, but that's it.

Posted by Neil C Smith <ne...@apache.org>.

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Yes, that's a reason to use nb-javac.

Gj

Posted by Torsten Römer <to...@luniks.net>.
I'd recommend to use 12.4 Beta 1 since it includes Compile on Save support for vanilla javac.

Even if you ignore to install nb-javac you can enable "Compile on Save" - it works just fine for me also in large projects where nb-javac caused quite some trouble.

 What about "Compile and Save"?   Personally I find this one of the most important features of Netbeans, especially when changing code hot while debugging? Best regardsAndreas  On Thu, 2021-05-20 at 09:37 +0200, Geertjan Wielenga wrote:If you're running on a JDK later than JDK 8, don't install it unless you have a specific reason to do so. Gj On Thu, May 20, 2021 at 9:17 AM Alex Orlov <oo...@mail.ru.invalid> wrote:Hello, all I’ve read several times in NB mailing list that nb-javac is not a very good thing. So, could anyone say if Ishould install plugin for NB 12.3 or not? --

Posted by Andreas Reichel <an...@manticore-projects.com>.
What about "Compile and Save"?

Posted by Geertjan Wielenga <ge...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.