Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Charles Richard <ch...@gmail.com> on 2012/06/01 16:07:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Understand more on mod_jk and encrypted ssl info

Hi,

We have a setup that's desired that we would have an apache front end box
that would have a wildcard ssl certificate with name based virtual hosting
setup that would for one virtual host, use mod_jk to send the connection to
a different server with tomcat on it.

My question is, should we expect the connection from the virtual host on
apache to the tomcat ajp port be encrypted, including the headers?  We
tried this quickly and it doesn't seem to be the case right now.  I'm not
sure if it's a setup issue or simply that this can't be done.

It's also my understanding that it is possible to do name based virtual
hosting with a (signed) wildcard certificate?

Thanks,
Charles