Posted to fop-users@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Dirk Bromberg <di...@familie-bromberg.de> on 2006/06/16 08:56:40 UTC

SoftHyphen

Hi,

i wants to have a resolution for this scenario:

I've a long word "thisismyword" and it is in two cells with hyphen on.
1. Now, in the first cell the word fits and all is fine.
2. The word does not fit in the second cell and the hyphen breaks -> all
is fine.

I've no chance to enable or disable the hyphen (must always be enabled).
In the second cell i want to force the hyphen mechanism to break the
word at a special char.

Can i use the soft-hyphens like the "U+00AD" for this, like
thisis(U+00AD)myword? Is the priority for this soft hyphen
higher as for the hyphen pattern from the hyphen-file?

Thanks

Dirk