Posted to user@couchdb.apache.org by Peter Lemenkov <le...@gmail.com> on 2011/06/18 15:11:39 UTC

Update CouchDB package from 0.11.2 to 1.0.2 in EPEL 5 repository

Hello All!

As per Fedora EPEL policy I would like to inform you that I plan to
upgrade CouchDB package from ancient, no longer supported and
containing known security flaw 0.11.2 version to 1.0.2 one.

I'm pretty sure that almost nobody is still using 0.11.2 nowadays
(which means that nobody is using the package from EPEL 5 repository,
even me), so this upgrade seems to be harmless. If anyone has any
objections, speak now or forever hold your peace.

--
With best regards, Peter Lemenkov.

Re: Update CouchDB package from 0.11.2 to 1.0.2 in EPEL 5 repository

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.
ok thanks. It will be harder than simply using yum (they don't t have
Internet access for server machines) but I will try :)

- benoît

Posted by Peter Lemenkov <le...@gmail.com>.
Hello!

Posted by Nils Breunese <N....@vpro.nl>.
Benoit Chesneau wrote:

> About that, does anyone know if couchdb 1.0.2/1.0.3 works on redhat 5.4?

build-couchdb [0] says it supports RHEL 5.5. I see no reason why it wouldn't work on 5.4, but maybe there is one. I also wouldn't know why you wouldn't update to the latest 5.x release (5.6): security updates are cool!

Nils.

[0] https://github.com/iriscouch/build-couchdb

 VPRO   www.vpro.nl

Re: Update CouchDB package from 0.11.2 to 1.0.2 in EPEL 5 repository

Posted by Benoit Chesneau <bc...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Jeroen Janssen <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Is it (per Fedora EPEL policy) allowed to upgrade the EPEL5 couchdb to
a recent one , or is this only happening to EPEL6+?

Best regards,

Jeroen Janssen

Posted by Bade Iriabho <eb...@mathbiol.org>.
That is okay. I second that question Peter but I just wanted to know when
the update will be ready (i.e. in EPEL5).

Bade

Posted by Nils Breunese <N....@vpro.nl>.

 VPRO   www.vpro.nl

Re: Update CouchDB package from 0.11.2 to 1.0.2 in EPEL 5 repository

Posted by Bade Iriabho <eb...@mathbiol.org>.

Posted by Nils Breunese <N....@vpro.nl>.

Posted by Jeroen Janssen <je...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

This is good news!

Just wondering though, will this also mean that there will be an
updated epel-5 couchdb package?

(I am currently running the couchdb 1.0.1 from
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/peter/couchdb/epel-5/i386/ on a
RHEL 5 machine).

Best regards,

Jeroen

Posted by Robert Newson <ro...@gmail.com>.
Hi Peter,

Good news but I should tell you that 1.0.3 is right around the corner
and contains quite a few bug fixes, you might want to wait a week or
two.

B.

Posted by "m.njema@gmail.com" <m....@gmail.com>.
Great news