Posted to dev@turbine.apache.org by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au> on 2003/08/22 05:26:40 UTC

What is involved in switching over to using avalon to load torque?

Instead of services.ComponentService.classname I have:

services.AvalonComponentService.classname=org.apache.turbine.services.avaloncomponent.TurbineAvalonComponentService

And then I define (as suggested in the TurbineAvalonComponentService
javadoc):

    services.AvalonComponentService.lookup = org.apache.torque.Torque

I have in WEB-INF/conf:

roleConfiguration.xml

> <role-list>
>     <role
>         name="org.apache.torque.TorqueComponent"
>         shorthand="TorqueComponent"
>         default-class="org.apache.torque.TorqueComponent"/>
> </role-list>

conponentConfiguration.xml

> <componentConfig>
>     <TorqueComponent>
>       <configFile>/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties</configFile>
>     </TorqueComponent>
> </componentConfig>

Given the above I am no longer sure whether or not the following are
required:

    services.AvalonComponentService.name = torque
    services.AvalonComponentService.torque.classname =
org.apache.torque.Torque
    services.AvalonComponentService.torque.config =
/WEB-INF/conf/Torque.properties

After all of this torque doesn't seem to be initialising and the
following appears in my log:

    2003-08-22 13:19:58,245 ERROR [main      ]
services.BaseServiceBroker -
org.apache.turbine.services.InitializationException: init failed: Could
not get class

Any ideas/suggestions?  I will put this info on a wiki page once it is
all sorted out.

Thanks,

Scott

--
Scott Eade
Backstage Technologies Pty. Ltd.

RE: Loading Torque using AvalonComponentService

Posted by Eric Pugh <ep...@upstate.com>.
I don't think you need those extra tags.  The only thing is there is
something about passing in a service name if you want to load the component
on start up, basically to get it initialized, versus waiting til the first
use.

Eric

Posted by Scott Eade <se...@backstagetech.com.au>.