Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Michael Warr <mw...@ssglimited.com> on 2007/02/19 22:53:48 UTC

Dependency on artifacts generated by non-Maven projects.

Does anyone have a solution for the following problem?  I am using Maven to
generate WARs and SARs for a medium size project.  All but one of the
sub-projects are built using Maven. A number of the Maven built projects
(call them Projects B-K) are dependent on JAR files built by the non-Maven
project (call it Project A).  Is there a way to configure the POM file for
Project B,C,D,. so that whenever a change occurs in Project A and new
Project A JAR files are created, Project B,C,D,. will be recompiled and
repackaged?  I added the JAR files generated by Project A to my local
repository using the mvn install:install-file command.  However, the
repository's contents relevant for Project A are not auto-updated when there
are Project A code changes that result in new JAR files.

Any help you can provide is most appreciated.

Thanks,

Michael

Re: Dependency on artifacts generated by non-Maven projects.

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
wrap your non maven in a pom to make it appears like a real maven project.

for example, if your non maven project produces a jar, then have
antrun to build your non maven build, then place the output to where
maven expects.

Hope it helps

-D