Posted to users@flex.apache.org by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com> on 2013/12/04 08:48:28 UTC

RE: Search in ADG

Also, set ADG.scrollHorizontalPolicy to "on",   then simply calling ADG. horizontalScrollPosition = <column Index> will do the trick.

De : Oleg Konovalov [mailto:olegkon@gmail.com] Envoyé : mercredi 4 décembre 2013 03:40 À : flex-dev@incubator.apache.org; flex-users-subscribe@incubator.apache.org
Objet : Search in ADG

Hi,

I have a Flex App where on several tabs (TabNavigator) I have MX AdvanceDataGrid's (wrapped in Spark Scroller's), which are dynamically populated (so I don't know in advance about 1/2 of Columns).
Since the number of columns can be 200+, I am trying to implement a Search within Column Headers and data, one by one kind, so that when match is found, it highlights that cell or at least highlights that row and displays that column, brings it in user view.
So far it shows that row, but I never was able to scroll to that column, so user can see it.
I tried to use ADG's horizontalScrollPosition, verticalScrollPosition, validateNow with scrollToIndex,...
When I try to set selectionMode="singleCell", that sometimes seem to freeze the app.

Any advice or code snippet how to scroll to that matching Column?
How to highlight the header and/or cell ?

Can the problem be in that Scroller?

Any help is very appreciated.

--
Thank you in advance,
Oleg.

RE: Search in ADG

Posted by Maurice Amsellem <ma...@systar.com>.
I just did the test with 70 columns, and the ADG scrolls correctly, until the last column, whether manually by playing with the scrollbar, or programmatically.

Can you scroll to the last column using the horizontal scrollbar , or does it stop to 1/3 of columns ?
Can you try with fewer columns ( 70 instead of 200+) to see if it scrolls to the last column ?

Anyway, I don't think adding a scroller to your ADG will solve your problem:  you will run in performance issues, because the table will compute rendering for all columns, even if 10 are actually visible.

Maurice

I did try adg.horizontalScrollPolicy="on" and
adg.horizontalScrollPosition=<value>   - did not do a trick.

And that adg.horizontalScrollPolicy="on" or "auto" only allowed me to scroll about 1/3 of columns, the rest is not visible.

--
Thank you,
Oleg.

Re: Search in ADG