Posted to dev@superset.apache.org by Junlin Chen <ju...@preset.io> on 2021/01/04 22:52:58 UTC

New labels and applying rules

Hi everyone,

We(Zuzana and I) have been working on creating and importing new labels,
cleaning up open issues on Superset repo as a fun project over the
holidays. As you might have noticed, all labels(212 total) are now
specified with prefix and color-coded by types and product area.
By tagging the right labels, you can help us more efficiently sort,
identify and prioritize issues, questions, and PRs, ultimately helping us
build a better product for the community!

https://github.com/apache/incubator-superset/labels?page=5&sort=name-asc

Here are some labels applying rules we recommend the community to follow -

   - select one label describing the product area (e.g.
   install:dependencies, viz:explore:savemodal, viz:chart:nightingale)
   - if you are reporting a bug, select a label describing the specific
   type of bug (cosmetic, performance, regression)
   - if you are using the enhancement request, use enhancement: committed
   to indicate you are working on this request, otherwise use enhancement:
   request
   - if you are working on a raised issue that needs more details or other
   inputs, etc., use the label starting with need: (e.g., need: screenshot)
   - some labels are 'reserved' for a small group of people who actively
   maintain the repo and direct resources. 1. assigned:_____ 2. attn:blocking
   and attn:rush 3. P0, P1, P2

To all PMC, committers, and contributors, we would like to humbly ask you
to adopt these rules and help us maintain a well-organized Issues and Pull
Requests page of Superset. If you would like to create new labels, please
follow the same prefix format, or let us know.
Thanks, and Happy New Year!

Re: New labels and applying rules

Posted by Maxime Beauchemin <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 I really like the structure and color coding!

Posted by Srinivasa Kadamati <sr...@preset.io>.
Junlin & Zuzana,

Posted by Jesse Yang <jy...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for doing the legwork to make Superset issues more organized, Junlin and Zuzana!