Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Wei <we...@gmail.com> on 2020/10/22 23:43:00 UTC

Re: solr performance with >1 NUMAs

Hi Shawn,

I.m circling back with some new findings with our 2 NUMA issue.  After a
few iterations, we do see improvement with the useNUMA flag and other JVM
setting changes. Here are the current settings, with Java 11:

-XX:+UseNUMA

-XX:+UseG1GC

-XX:+AlwaysPreTouch

-XX:+UseTLAB

-XX:G1MaxNewSizePercent=20

-XX:MaxGCPauseMillis=150

-XX:+DisableExplicitGC

-XX:+DoEscapeAnalysis

-XX:+ParallelRefProcEnabled

-XX:+UnlockDiagnosticVMOptions

-XX:+UnlockExperimentalVMOptions

Compared to previous Java 8 + CMS on 2 NUMA servers,  P99 latency has
improved over 20%.

Thanks,

Wei

Posted by matthew sporleder <ms...@gmail.com>.
Great updates.  Thanks for keeping us all in the loop!