Posted to users@tapestry.apache.org by CS Lake <me...@sheffield.ac.uk> on 2011/03/24 17:34:36 UTC

Deploying Tapestry Manually

Hi All,

Just started using Tapestry (I'm evaluating it for use in a project) and
have run through the tutorials using maven to run a tomcat server however
I'm not having much luck deploying the application to our tomcat server.

We don't have full access to the server, really we only have access to one
specific context folder in which we can put our webapp.

Is it possible to deploy Tapestry in this manner (i.e. without using a war
file being automaticly extracted from /webapps).

I tried simply extracting the war into the context folder however when
trying to view the page I simply get a 404 error that says "The requested
resource (ecom6/tutorial/) is not available."

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Chris

Re: Deploying Tapestry Manually

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Probably take a look at this old resource to help clarify how to deploy
java web apps
http://tomcat.apache.org/tomcat-4.0-doc/appdev/deployment.html

Posted by CS Lake <me...@sheffield.ac.uk>.

Posted by Andreas Andreou <an...@di.uoa.gr>.
Are you sure the folder you have access to is a context folder and not just a

Posted by CS Lake <me...@sheffield.ac.uk>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.

Posted by CS Lake <me...@sheffield.ac.uk>.

Posted by "Thiago H. de Paula Figueiredo" <th...@gmail.com>.