Posted to user@pivot.apache.org by "Kamil T." <ka...@gmail.com> on 2010/07/24 15:34:50 UTC

Internationalization issues

Hello,

My application uses Polish special characters and it looks like Pivot
has some problems with them.

In TextInput component, if I write there some special chars,
copy/paste functionality stops working:
if I write  "łóżźć" inside TextInput, then select text using mouse, if
I press Ctrl+C I get:

java.lang.IndexOutOfBoundsException
	at org.apache.pivot.wtk.text.TextNode.getRange(TextNode.java:255)
	at org.apache.pivot.wtk.TextInput.getSelectedText(TextInput.java:603)
	at org.apache.pivot.wtk.TextInput.copy(TextInput.java:438)
	at org.apache.pivot.wtk.skin.terra.TerraTextInputSkin.keyPressed(TerraTextInputSkin.java:1249)
	at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component$ComponentKeyListenerList.keyPressed(Component.java:514)
	at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Component.keyPressed(Component.java:2656)
	at org.apache.pivot.wtk.ApplicationContext$DisplayHost.processKeyEvent(ApplicationContext.java:1217)
	at org.apache.pivot.wtk.ApplicationContext$DisplayHost.processEvent(ApplicationContext.java:655)
	at java.awt.KeyboardFocusManager.redispatchEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.preDispatchKeyEvent(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.typeAheadAssertions(Unknown Source)
	at java.awt.DefaultKeyboardFocusManager.dispatchEvent(Unknown Source)

Other issue I have is with polish special character "ą" - it's  made
using right alt+a on the polish programmer keyboard setting. The
result is that the char is not appended to the text but it replaces
the whole TextInput text content,   "some text" + (alt+a) -> "ą"

It's critical for me to get it fixed...

best regards
Kamil Toszek

Re: Internationalization issues

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.
You should be able to use Netbeans to build the platform (I use Eclipse). We use Ant primarily to generate the release artifacts.

Let us know if you have any questions.

Posted by "Kamil T." <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Greg Brown <gk...@mac.com>.

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
Kamil,

Posted by "Kamil T." <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi Chris,

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
(CCed to Dev list)

Posted by "Kamil T." <ka...@gmail.com>.
Hi,
I was able to reproduce the same behavior on other machine with Windows XP.

regards
Kamil

Posted by Chris Bartlett <cb...@gmail.com>.
(CCed to Dev list)