Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Murray Silber <mu...@wtech.co.za> on 2005/06/07 10:09:22 UTC

[users@httpd] help with reverse proxy

Hi

I need help, Please !!

I am new to Apache and am having problems setting up a reverse proxy server. When I set it up I can access the site behind the firewall but the formatting and pics from the page do not come through to my browser, also, when I click on a link on the page I get a message saying that the requested URL was not found on the server

Any help would be greatly appreciated
Murray Silber
murray@wtech.co.za

Re: [users@httpd] help with reverse proxy

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/05, Murray Silber <mu...@wtech.co.za> wrote:
> I am new to Apache and am having problems setting up a reverse proxy server.
> When I set it up I can access the site behind the firewall but the
> formatting and pics from the page do not come through to my browser, also,
> when I click on a link on the page I get a message saying that the requested
> URL was not found on the server

You should probably start here:
http://www.apacheweek.com/features/reverseproxies
and ask again if you still have questions.

Joshua.

Re: [users@httpd] One request different modules?????

Posted by Joshua Slive <js...@gmail.com>.
On 6/7/05, RAJESH SEGU <ra...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> I have a problem, here is my requirement.
> I have written my 'xyz' module which processes the
> request and converts the some specific code into PHP
> code[which is the response of my module]. This
> html+php generated by my module must be passed on to
> the PHP module for processing the PHP code within.
>
> In simple PHP module must process the code generated
> by my 'xyz' module.
>
> Initially my understand between modules was that html
> response from one modules output filters passes on to
> the subsequent modules input filter. But I came to
> find myself newbie....!!!! Can anyone please explain
> me how response from one module can be passed on as a
> PHP request.
>
> I have a doubt as to whether PHP interprets 'inmemory
> code' or only in the file format. Please give me some
> insights.

First, data sent to the client is processed only by output filters,
never by input filters.

Second, PHP is setup as a handler, not a module, meaning it must be
first in the chain and cannot act as a filter.  I believe this is
because of some limitations in zend.  There was, at one time, a PHP
filter, but it never worked very well.  I'm not sure if it still
exists or has been further developed.

Joshua.

[users@httpd] One request different modules?????

Posted by RAJESH SEGU <ra...@yahoo.com>.
I have a problem, here is my requirement.
I have written my 'xyz' module which processes the
request and converts the some specific code into PHP
code[which is the response of my module]. This
html+php generated by my module must be passed on to
the PHP module for processing the PHP code within.

In simple PHP module must process the code generated
by my 'xyz' module.

Initially my understand between modules was that html
response from one modules output filters passes on to
the subsequent modules input filter. But I came to
find myself newbie....!!!! Can anyone please explain
me how response from one module can be passed on as a
PHP request.

I have a doubt as to whether PHP interprets 'inmemory
code' or only in the file format. Please give me some
insights.

Thanks in Advance.....!