Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Franz Allan Valencia See <fr...@gmail.com> on 2013/03/02 07:42:39 UTC

[users@httpd] Configuration for high concurrent load

Good day,

I am trying to configure my Apache HTTPd server to handle 7k concurrent
requests (preferably 10k), but I cannot seem to make it work.

Does anybody have an idea how to configure for such load?

Details of my problem is in serverfault :
http://serverfault.com/questions/483593/apache-httpd-configuration-for-high-load

Franz Allan Valencia See | Development Manager
franz.see@gmail.com
LinkedIn: http://www.linkedin.com/in/franzsee
Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/franz_see

Re: [users@httpd] Configuration for high concurrent load

Posted by Weedy <we...@gmail.com>.
>     On Sat, Mar 2, 2013 at 3:59 PM, Nick Kew <nick@webthing.com
>     <ma...@webthing.com>> wrote:
>

>         On 2 Mar 2013, at 10:08, Austin Einter wrote:
>
>         > I am doing a similar job..
>         > Here is the warning...
>         >
>         > Starting httpd: WARNING: MaxClients of 7500 exceeds
>         ServerLimit value of 330 servers,
>         >  lowering MaxClients to 330.  To increase, please see the
>         ServerLimit
>         >  directive.
>
>         The prefork MPM limits you to one client per server.  Not useful for
>         higher loads.

Switch to mpm_event. My config is not setup for c10k, but should top out
MUCH higher then your current config.

Apache's error messages for load are pretty self explanatory, it should
be easy to adjust the limits after you max this config.

<IfModule mpm_event_module>
        MaxMemFree              10240
        StartServers            2
        MinSpareThreads         10
        MaxSpareThreads         30
        ThreadsPerChild         25
        ThreadLimit             45
        MaxClients              200
        MaxRequestsPerChild     1000
        GracefulShutDownTimeout 40
</IfModule>

Re: [users@httpd] Configuration for high concurrent load

Posted by Austin Einter <au...@gmail.com>.
Correcting typo-error

Dear Nick
Can you be bit precise here.., I am bit new to system.

What I need to do so that, one client per server would not be required.

Best Regards

Posted by Austin Einter <au...@gmail.com>.
Dear Bick

Posted by Nick Kew <ni...@webthing.com>.

Posted by Austin Einter <au...@gmail.com>.
I am doing a similar job..
Here is the warning...

Starting httpd: WARNING: MaxClients of 7500 exceeds ServerLimit value of
330 servers,
 lowering MaxClients to 330.  To increase, please see the ServerLimit
 directive.

So, is it the reason that can cause this issue.....

Posted by Noel Butler <no...@ausics.net>.