Posted to jetspeed-user@portals.apache.org by Athanasis Nikolaos <at...@geo.aegean.gr> on 2005/11/20 20:06:21 UTC

Problem about php-portlet

Hello,

I work on a winXP computer, and i have installed the following:
1. jdk 1.4.2
2. A webServer called ms4w (MapServer with windows), which allows the development of digital maps (GIS). The MS4W package contains a full installation of Apache 2, PHP and other modules...
3. The binary package of jetspeed 2 (jetspeed-2.0-M3-Tomcat-5.0.30.zip).

The ms4w server handles php web pages. My goal is to execute these pages through the jetspeed interface. Thus, i tried to run the php-portlet. Without doing anything, i saw that when i tried to point to the http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/non-java/php-portlet.psml page i got the following:
Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for PHP::php-demoorg.apache.jetspeed.container.window.FailedToRetrievePortletWindow: No PortletEntity exists for for id phpdemo-1 removing window from cache.Failed to retrieve Portlet Definition for PHP::php-demo

Then, i downloaded php4ts.dll and phpsrvlt.dll from http://www.itgroundwork.com/resources/php-setup.html
and put them into C:/windows/systems32 folder (where the PATH variable links).
Then, I added the following  code snippet into webapp/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml :

    <fragment id="dp-20" type="portlet" name="php::php-demo">
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="row" value="4" />
      <property layout="TwoColumns" name="column" value="1" />
    </fragment>

But, when i restart tomcat and point to:
http://localhost:8080/jetspeed/portal/non-java/php-portlet.psml
i get the following:
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: no php4 in java.library.path
        at com.itgroundwork.portlet.php.reflect.loadLibrary(reflect.java:38)
        at com.itgroundwork.portlet.php.reflect.<clinit>(reflect.java:33)
        at com.itgroundwork.portlet.php.servlet.init(servlet.java:204)
        at org.apache.portals.bridges.php.PHPApplicationPortlet.doView(PHPApplic
ationPortlet.java:256)

a)How can I deploy the php portlet from jetspeed application?
b) What does the exception: "no php4 in java.library.path" mean?

Could please anyone help me?

Thank you for your attention.

Athanasis Nikolaos
Postgraduate Student
University of the Aegean
Department of Geography
University Hill
81100 Mytilene, GREECE

TEL  +30-22510-36437

RE: Problem about php-portlet

Posted by Athanasis Nikolaos <at...@geo.aegean.gr>.
Hello,

1.
	The modification of the servlet.properties and reflect.properties files is necessary? Do they have BOTH to contain the same line: library=php4ts ( or maybe library=phpsrvlt) ???
2.
	How can I check out that my PHP libraries have the Java API enabled? In what file do I have to look in?
3.
	I did not modify the php demo. Actually, all I have done is the following:

*
	I downloaded and installed jetspeed+tomcat from jetspeed-2.0-M3-Tomcat-5.0.30.zip
*
	Downloaded php4ts.dll and phpsrvlt.dll from http://www.itgroundwork.com/resources/php-setup.html <http://www.itgroundwork.com/resources/php-setup.html>
	and put them into C:/windows/systems32 folder (where the PATH variable links).
*
	Added the following  code snippet into webapp/WEB-INF/pages/default-page.psml :
	  <fragment id="dp-20" type="portlet" name="php::php-demo">
	     <property layout="TwoColumns" name="row" value="4" />
	     <property layout="TwoColumns" name="column" value="1" />
	   </fragment>
*
	And the last step was that i changed the servlet.properties and reflect.properties files from the phpportlet-1.0.jar file.

Any help please? All i want to do is to execute the php demo portlet in a WinXP environment.

Athanasis Nikolaos
Postgraduate Student
University of the Aegean
Department of Geography
University Hill
81100 Mytilene, GREECE

TEL  +30-22510-36437

________________________________

Από: Roger Ruttimann [mailto:roger.ruttimann@earthlink.net]
Αποστολή: Τρι 22/11/2005 6:56 μμ
Προς: Jetspeed Users List
Θέμα: Re: Problem about php-portlet

Make sure that your PHP libraries have the Java API enabled. By default
Java support is not compiled (at least for Unix/Linux systems). I don't
know about Windows.

The php portlet doesn't require any database. The error you are seeing
below has to do with the portlet application in general and not with the
php portlet itself.
Did you modify the php demo portlet? If not. I suggest to use the php
demo as a base and include your php files.

Roger

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@earthlink.net>.

Από: Roger Ruttimann [mailto:roger.ruttimann@earthlink.net]

Posted by Roger Ruttimann <ro...@earthlink.net>.