Posted to dev@commons.apache.org by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org> on 2018/05/16 06:24:40 UTC

[io] Black Duck apparently sees vulnerability in 2.5

Hi all

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/IO-559 says BlackDuck would call
IO 2.5 vulnerable because of this issue - so far I've not been able to
verify this claim. I guess it is because of IO-556 that has been closed
as a duplicate of IO-559.

There is a PR (by me) to fix the bug
https://github.com/apache/commons-io/pull/52 - as this is my first
contribution to IO I'd appreciate if anybody else could spare some time
and verify it. I'll rebase it onto master soon.

Also, would there be any reason to not cut a new release from master? I
mean is there any work in progress that needs to be finished?

Stefan

Re: [io] Black Duck apparently sees vulnerability in 2.5

Posted by Gary Gregory <ga...@gmail.com>.
WRT releasing, the new file system class needs to be finished/cleanup or
removed.

Gary

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.

Posted by Pascal Schumacher <pa...@gmx.net>.
Am 16.05.2018 um 08:24 schrieb Stefan Bodewig:
> Also, would there be any reason to not cut a new release from master? I
> mean is there any work in progress that needs to be finished?

I think a new release from master can be done any time.

-Pascal

Re: [io] Black Duck apparently sees vulnerability in 2.5

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-05-16, Otto Fowler wrote:

> Is there a PMC for IO?

Sure, IO is a component overseen by the Apache Commons PMC.

Maybe I should also point at http://commons.apache.org/security.html ?

Posted by Stefan Bodewig <bo...@apache.org>.
On 2018-05-16, Otto Fowler wrote:

> I believe all security related issues and vulnerabilities need to be
> handled privately by the PMC for the project.
> Has this issue gone through he PMC?

The "issue" is public discussion in a JIRA issue, it is public knowledge
anyway.

Posted by Otto Fowler <ot...@gmail.com>.

On May 16, 2018 at 10:50:21, Gilles (gilles@harfang.homelinux.org) wrote:

On Wed, 16 May 2018 07:33:54 -0700, Otto Fowler wrote:
> Is there a PMC for IO?

There is a PMC for all of "Commons".
Components are unequal wrt the number of contributors (and
attention they get from the PMC).

Gilles

Posted by Gilles <gi...@harfang.homelinux.org>.