Posted to users@openoffice.apache.org by Bill Coleman <bi...@outlook.com> on 2019/06/05 12:34:24 UTC

Red spelling lines

Hi ... I had been using Open Office (4.1.6) this morning normally and it would indicate to me when I made a spelling mistake.  Also if I hadn’t corrected my mistakes as I was typing I could use the check spelling option at the end and it would highlight each mistake for me to correct.  I came back to the same document a couple or so hours later and not only this document but all my documents are now underlined in squiggle red lines indicating every word is a spelling mistake.  It also now happens when I type a new document (see attached).  Has something gone wrong with the program and is there something I can do about it?  If not how can it be fixed so I can use it the way I had been?

For the record I am using Windows 10 on a Lenovo ideapad 330S.  Please can you help.

Thank you, Bill

Re: Red spelling lines

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 14:02:08 +0000
Bill Coleman <bi...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Sorry and yes seems to have worked although its given me 2 folders there now ... thank you again, Bill

The reason for the Rename is that custom data, such as User dictionaries can now be brought forward from the old folder.  If there is no custom information the old folder can safely be deleted.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

RE: Red spelling lines

Posted by Bill Coleman <bi...@outlook.com>.

Re: Red spelling lines

Posted by Andrea Vt <an...@gmx.ch>.

Re: Red spelling lines

Posted by Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>.
On Wed, 5 Jun 2019 13:07:10 +0000
Bill Coleman <bi...@outlook.com> wrote:

> Hi Rory ... thanks ... I will try to follow your suggestion ... might seem like a silly question but how do I change my OO user profile ... thanks, Bill

Follow the instructions below.

--
Rory O'Farrell <of...@iol.ie>

RE: Red spelling lines