Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jochen Wiedmann <jo...@ispsoft.de> on 2001/07/04 15:08:07 UTC

jk_nt_service is not shutting down

Hi,

I am using TC 3.2.2 on several machines, all configured to
be running as an NT service with jk_nt_service. This works
fine, with the exception of a single machine: If I try
to stop the service there, I receive an error message 2168
from the service manager.

Moreover, I can see that TomCat is running for about 15-20
seconds more, which can easily be verified by deleting the
log files. (They cannot be deleted until TomCat is actually
stopped.)

Any ideas what might be the reason?

Thanks,

Jochen

Re: jk_nt_service is not shutting down

Posted by Gary Dale <ga...@mail1.moh.gov.on.ca>.
I'm getting the same error (2186). It started when I added the -Xsa
parameters to the Java startup, which seems to be necessary to keep the
service from shutting down on logout. The problem seems to be that the
service takes, as you noted, about 20 seconds too long to shut down. I'm
ignoring it for now but would also like a solution.