Posted to j-users@xerces.apache.org by Minh Kama Yie <mi...@nuix.com.au> on 2001/12/03 06:11:05 UTC

help parsing XMLSchema document

Hi List,

I'm trying to parse the following document with validation turned on using
xerces 1.4.3:

<?xml version = "1.0" encoding = "UTF-8"?>

	    xmlns:xml="http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace"
	    xsi:schemaLocation="http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema
	    http://www.w3.org/2001/XMLSchema.xsd
	    http://www.w3.org/XML/1998/namespace
	    http://jetty.coxless.com/schema/xml.xsd"
	    targetNamespace="http://jetty.coxless.com/schema/tmp"
	    xmlns:my-prefix="http://jetty.coxless.com/schema/tmp">

    <xsd:element name="form">
        <xsd:simpleType>
	    <xsd:union memberTypes="xsd:string"/>
        </xsd:simpleType>
    </xsd:element>

</xsd:schema>

As xerces parses the XMLSchema.xsd document during resolution of schema
grammar it seems to have difficulties with the base type of
"reducedDerivationControl", which is "derivationControl". However as far as I
can tell, "derivationControl" is defined clearly in XMLSchema.xsd. I was just
wondering if anyone has any ideas as to what I'm doing wrong or what I am
missing?

I am getting the following exception trace:

org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: Unknown base type  for type
reducedDerivationControl.
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.reportError(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.TraverseSchema.reportSchemaError(TraverseSchema.java:8920)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.TraverseSchema.findDTValidator(TraverseSchema.java:2226)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.TraverseSchema.traverseSimpleTypeDecl(TraverseSchema.java:2496)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.TraverseSchema.doTraverseSchema(TraverseSchema.java:738)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.schema.TraverseSchema.<init>(TraverseSchema.java:541)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.resolveSchemaGrammar(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.parseSchemas(Unknown
Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.bindNamespacesToElementAndAttributes(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.validators.common.XMLValidator.callStartElement(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.scanElement(Unknown Source)
	at
org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner$ContentDispatcher.dispatch(Unknown
Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLDocumentScanner.parseSome(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.framework.XMLParser.parse(Unknown Source)
	at org.apache.xerces.jaxp.DocumentBuilderImpl.parse(Unknown Source)

Minh Kama Yie
Nuix