Posted to user@ant.apache.org by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> on 2005/08/01 00:18:25 UTC

Re: AW: AW: Multiple IFs, or IFs on tasks

50 lines?

I have one script that is upwards of 700 lines.  I wouldn't worry about
50 ;)

Frank

THUFIR HAWAT wrote:
> On 7/31/05, Andrew Goktepe <an...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
>>The 'ant' task might be what you're looking for - it works like antcall, but
>>on a separate build file.
>> http://ant.apache.org/manual/CoreTasks/ant.html
>> Example:
>> <ant antfile="build2.xml" target="test2"/>
>>  -Andrew

> Yes, thank you.  (I stumbled across that, too!)  I like the example of
> a subbuild or subproject.  My inclination is to go for something like
> a structured program, with "build.xml" doing nothing but calling
> subbuilds and subprojects.  However, I've read that this is a mis-use
> of Ant, so I'm somewhat hesitant to pursue that.
>
> My 50 line build.xml, not counting the properties.xml file which is
> imported, seems too large to me.
>

> -Thufir

Frank W. Zammetti
Founder and Chief Software Architect
Omnytex Technologies
http://www.omnytex.com

Re: AW: AW: Multiple IFs, or IFs on tasks

Posted by Ninju Bohra <ni...@yahoo.com>.
If you really wanted you could "break" up one big build.xml into a set of smaller .xml files and use the <import> task to bring them all back together at run-time...

"Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com> wrote:
Not really... each target performs a specific task, and the one main
target antcalls all the others in the proper sequence. It's really no
more complicated than a series of method calls. Each target, or method
in the analogy, is fairly small and simple, there just happens to be a
fair number of them.

As with writing actual code, if you space things well and comment
decently, the visual cues of where the various parts are makes it look
relatively organized.

Frank

--

http://mail.yahoo.com

Re: AW: AW: Multiple IFs, or IFs on tasks

Posted by "Frank W. Zammetti" <fz...@omnytex.com>.

Posted by THUFIR HAWAT <ha...@gmail.com>.