Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com> on 2009/11/06 18:20:06 UTC

[VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Greetings, everyone.

A bunch of us here at ApacheCon were talking about the Axis2 TLP idea, and
how to move this forward in the simplest and most effective way.  We came up
with *exactly* the same structure that we had proposed a year ago. :)  So,
having only altered the page in order to remove a step (the promotion of
WS-Commons sub-sub-projects to WS subprojects - this isn't really necessary
as we can still decide what to do about each sub-sub-project individually
later), I'd like to bring the following proposal up for a VOTE of the Web
Services PMC.  If this passes, I plan to submit this resolution to the board
as soon as possible.

http://wiki.apache.org/ws/FrontPage/Proposals/Axis2TLPProposal

Note that I added just the first few people in the current PMC roster as
examples.  I also nominated myself as the Axis2 chair for now - if anyone
else would like to volunteer to do this, please let me know.  Eventually I'd
like to drop one or the other PMC chair role, but for now I'm OK doing both.

So if you would, please:

1) VOTE
2) Add yourself to the list of project members on the wiki page if you are an
existing PMC member and would like to be on the new Axis2 PMC

Here is my +1 for this proposal.

Thanks,
--Glen

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
+1, better late than never ;)
--Srinath

--
============================
Srinath Perera, Ph.D.

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Srinath Perera <he...@gmail.com>.
+1, better late than never ;)

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Thilina Gunarathne <cs...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
http://ruchith.org

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Dinesh Weerapurage <xy...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the proposal

thanks,
Dinesh

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Senaka Fernando <se...@wso2.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Senaka.

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1.

Glen I think we should also give a summary of the discussion of how the rest
of the re-org was considered.

Sanjiva.

--
Sanjiva Weerawarana, Ph.D.
Founder, Director & Chief Scientist; Lanka Software Foundation;

Blog: http://sanjiva.weerawarana.org/

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Milinda Pathirage <mi...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the proposal.

Milinda

--
Milinda Pathirage
Senior Software Engineer & Product Manager WSO2 BPS; http://wso2.org/bps

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the proposal

Posted by Jeff Barrett <ba...@us.ibm.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Jeff

IBM Software Group - WebSphere Web Services Development
Phone: (512) 286-5256 or TieLine: 363-5256
Internet e-mail and Sametime ID: barrettj@us.ibm.com

From:
Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
To:
"general@ws.apache.org" <ge...@ws.apache.org>, Axis-Dev
<ax...@ws.apache.org>
Date:
11/06/2009 11:21 AM
Subject:

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Andreas

Posted by Andreas Veithen <an...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.
+1

Tom Jordahl

Posted by Paul Fremantle <pz...@gmail.com>.
+1 Paul

--
Paul Fremantle
Co-Founder and CTO, WSO2

blog: http://pzf.fremantle.org
paul@wso2.com

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me.

Posted by Brian De Pradine <PR...@uk.ibm.com>.
+1

Cheers

Brian DePradine
Web Services Development
IBM Hursley
External  +44 (0) 1962 816319         Internal 246319

If you can't find the time to do it right the first time, where will you
find the time to do it again?

From:
Glen Daniels <gl...@thoughtcraft.com>
To:
"general@ws.apache.org" <ge...@ws.apache.org>, Axis-Dev
<ax...@ws.apache.org>
Date:
06/11/2009 17:21
Subject:
[...]

Unless stated otherwise above:
741598.

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Nandana Mihindukulasooriya <na...@gmail.com>.
+1

thanks,
Nandana

Posted by Tom Jordahl <tj...@adobe.com>.
+1

Tom Jordahl

Posted by Afkham Azeez <af...@gmail.com>.
+1 for the proposal

Posted by Saminda Abeyruwan <sa...@gmail.com>.
+1

Saminda

Posted by Keith Chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Keith Chapman <ke...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Prabath Siriwardena <pr...@wso2.com>.
+1

Thanks & regards.
-Prabath

Posted by Supun Kamburugamuva <su...@gmail.com>.
+1

Thanks,
Supun..

--
Software Engineer, WSO2 Inc
http://wso2.org

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.

--
Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org
http://deepal.org

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Ruchith Fernando <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

--
http://ruchith.org

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Jarek Gawor <jg...@gmail.com>.
+1

Jarek

Posted by Ajith Ranabahu <aj...@gmail.com>.
Sorry for the delay

+1 indeed

Aj

--
Ajith Ranabahu

Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative
pursuits. Any man who reads too much and uses his own brain too little falls
into lazy habits of thinking - Albert Einstein

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Ruwan Linton <ru...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Bill Nagy <na...@watson.ibm.com>.
+1

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,
> 2) Add yourself to the list of project members on the wiki page if you are an
> existing PMC member and would like to be on the new Axis2 PMC

By looking at the current wiki, feel like your point was not clear.

Thanks,
Deepal

--
Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org
http://deepal.org

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@opensource.lk>.
+1.

Posted by Deepal jayasinghe <de...@gmail.com>.
Hi Glen,

--
Thank you!

http://blogs.deepal.org
http://deepal.org

Re: [VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Posted by Roy Wood <wo...@us.ibm.com>.
+1

Roy A. Wood, Jr.
WebSphere Development - Web Services
woodroy@us.ibm.com
512-286-9307  T/L:363-9307
11501 Burnet Road,  Austin TX   78758 (Internal ZIP: 9372)

[VOTE] Web Services Reorg Part 1 : Axis2 TLP

Glen Daniels
to:
general@ws.apache.org, Axis-Dev
11/06/2009 11:21 AM