Posted to dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org by Yichao Yang <10...@qq.com> on 2020/06/14 12:04:17 UTC

[QUESTION] Why the front-end framework chooses Vue but does not use element-ui / iview

Hi all

My question is:
Why doesn't the front end of DS choose a front end extension framework?

I personally understand that the current positioning of DS&nbsp;is a workflow scheduling engine of big data, which means that its main users are oriented to enterprise-level big data departments. As far as I understand, many companies in China are using the combination of VUE + elementUI / iview to develop the front end of the internal workflow scheduling engine. I do not investigate abroad.

But I can think of a few reasons for not using the front-end extension framework:
1. Internationalization, elementUI / iview is currently only popular in China, there are other options abroad;
2. The front-end extension framework will complicate ds.

But personally understand the benefits of using the front-end extension framework:
1. The front-end development and maintenance are very convenient, and the UI is beautiful;
2. User can develop second-time conveniently&nbsp;based on the current front-end expansion. Currently elementUI / iview also supports internationalization.

Best,
Yichao Yang

回复: [QUESTION] Why the front-end framework chooses Vue but does not use element-ui / iview

Posted by Yichao Yang <10...@qq.com>.
Hi

Can you offer the front-end framework docs? Thx a lot. I think I need to develop by standardized front-end docs.

Best,
Yichao Yang

Posted by Yichao Yang <10...@qq.com>.
Hi

Thx a lot, I've find ans-ui in doc and source code.

Best,
Yichao Yang

Re: [QUESTION] Why the front-end framework chooses Vue but does not use element-ui / iview

Posted by lidong dai <da...@gmail.com>.
hi,

Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com> 于2020年6月14日周日 下午8:43写道:

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yichao Yang <10...@qq.com>.
Hi

I have checked the license of elementui and vue license before. It is the same of MIT. So I do not mention this as a unchoose reason&nbsp;in my question. Please give me suggestiones if I was wrong.

I understand what you mean is two points:

First, you think the extand work is belong to user of ds.
Second, I do not understand clearly.&nbsp;What you concern about is that the extend framework e.g elementui / iview will depend on other front-end framework that you do not know the license?

--------------------

From: Sheng Wu <wu.sheng.841108@gmail.com&gt;
Date: Sun,Jun 14,2020 8:14 PM
To: dev <dev@dolphinscheduler.apache.org&gt;

Re: [QUESTION] Why the front-end framework chooses Vue but does not use element-ui / iview

Posted by Sheng Wu <wu...@gmail.com>.
Yichao Yang <10...@qq.com> 于2020年6月14日周日 下午8:04写道:

> Hi all
>

> My question is:
> Why doesn't the front end of DS choose a front end extension framework?
>

> I personally understand that the current positioning of DS&nbsp;is a
> workflow scheduling engine of big data, which means that its main users are
> oriented to enterprise-level big data departments. As far as I understand,
> many companies in China are using the combination of VUE + elementUI /
> iview to develop the front end of the internal workflow scheduling engine.
> I do not investigate abroad.
>

> But I can think of a few reasons for not using the front-end extension
> framework:
> 1. Internationalization, elementUI / iview is currently only popular in
> China, there are other options abroad;
> 2. The front-end extension framework will complicate ds.

Personally, NOT from a mentor perspective, this is a pure dev team
decision, not a tech or in/out China.
The only thing I know is, being clear of ElementUI LICENSE, especially its
dependencies, is not easy work.

Sheng