Posted to users@nifi.apache.org by Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us> on 2020/06/03 19:26:58 UTC

PutSQL and AutoCommit Mode Still Commits

It appears that PutSQL calls a commit even when set to autoCommit true mode. This breaks things if a driver raises an error on commit in autoCommit mode. For example redshift does this.

Thanks
Shawn

Re: PutSQL and AutoCommit Mode Still Commits

Posted by Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us>.
Specifically try adding a partition to an external table aka RedShift Spectrum which can’t be execute in a transaction.

Thanks

From: Juan Pablo Gardella <ga...@gmail.com>
Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 3:29 PM
To: "users@nifi.apache.org" <us...@nifi.apache.org>
Subject: Re: PutSQL and AutoCommit Mode Still Commits

Which driver?

On Wed, 3 Jun 2020 at 17:20, Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us>> wrote:
Per the JDBC Spec calling commit() on a connection in auto-commit should raise a SQLException so what we’re doing is out of spec.

https://docs.oracle.com/javase/7/docs/api/java/sql/Connection.html#commit()

We should probably check c.getProperty(AUTO_COMMIT).asBoolean() and only call commit if we weren’t in auto commit mode. I’ll file a jira

Thanks
Shawn

From: Shawn Weeks <sw...@weeksconsulting.us>>
Date: Wednesday, June 3, 2020 at 2:27 PM