Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by djdick <dj...@andrew.cmu.edu> on 2014/04/30 18:10:53 UTC

ActiveMQ hawtio logs

I'm having a problem with hawtio in ActiveMQ 5.9.0 and I cannot seem to track
the logs down. I've checked the default tomcat directory but the information
does not seem to be going there. Is there a different directory to which
these logs get sent?

Re: ActiveMQ hawtio logs

Posted by Claus Ibsen <cl...@gmail.com>.
On Wed, Apr 30, 2014 at 6:10 PM, djdick <dj...@andrew.cmu.edu> wrote:
> I'm having a problem with hawtio in ActiveMQ 5.9.0 and I cannot seem to track
> the logs down. I've checked the default tomcat directory but the information
> does not seem to be going there. Is there a different directory to which
> these logs get sent?

How are you running ActiveMQ and hawtio and tomcat?

If you run ActiveMQ in standalone mode, eg start it using bin/activemq
then the hawtio logs is the logs from ActiveMQ itself.

If you want hawtio to show the logs of Tomcat, then you need to drop
the insight-log-core and insight-log4j JARs into the shared lib
directory of Apache Tomcat.

Claus Ibsen
Red Hat, Inc.
Email: cibsen@redhat.com