Posted to java-dev@axis.apache.org by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> on 2002/11/05 20:33:33 UTC

[VOTE] Re: XML Schema support for Axis (Contrib from Infravio)

Given that a lot of bugs currently in Bugzilla is related to WSDL2Java/Java2WSDL/Schema's....I'd
like to accept this contribution and nominate Vidyanand Murunikkara from infravio for committer
status so he can work on upgrading schema support in Axis.

1. Accept this contribution [+1]
2. Vidyanand as committer   [+1]

Thanks,
dims

=====
Davanum Srinivas - http://xml.apache.org/~dims/

HotJobs - Search new jobs daily now
http://hotjobs.yahoo.com/

Re: [VOTE] Re: XML Schema support for Axis (Contrib from Infravio)

Posted by Steve Loughran <st...@iseran.com>.
> PLEASE VOTE....If you have NO opinion, Please VOTE +0 or -0
> (http://apr.apache.org/guidelines.html)
>
> Thanks,
> dims
>
> --- Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Given that a lot of bugs currently in Bugzilla is related to
WSDL2Java/Java2WSDL/Schema's....I'd
> > like to accept this contribution and nominate Vidyanand Murunikkara from
infravio for committer
> > status so he can work on upgrading schema support in Axis.
> >
> > 1. Accept this contribution [+1]
+1

> > 2. Vidyanand as committer   [+1]

+1

Re: [VOTE] Re: XML Schema support for Axis (Contrib from Infravio)

Posted by Scott Nichol <sn...@scottnichol.com>.
Not to mention that Eclipse would add another license for users.
Considering that it can takes months for some beaurocracies to approve
software licenses, I think a dependency on Eclipse would hurt Axis'
market penetration.

Scott Nichol

Posted by Sanjiva Weerawarana <sa...@watson.ibm.com>.
Sounds like you guys have done the homework on eclipse's lib
and concluded that's not what Axis needs. So, +1 from me for
both.

Sanjiva.

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Thanks James.

> [...]
> > > Please respond to axis-dev

> > > <ax...@xml.apache.org>, <di...@yahoo.com>
> > > cc
> > >
> > > bcc
> > >
> > > Subject
> > > Re: [VOTE] Re: XML Schema support for Axis (Contrib from Infravio)
> > >

> > > I apologize for not commenting on this earlier. I know eclipse
> > > (www.eclipse.org) also has an open-source schema model/API.
> > > That was used in the latest version of JROM ..
> > >
> > > It seems to me that it would make sense for someone to check the
> > > eclipse API before taking on the task of maintaining such a
> > > beast as part of Axis.
> > >
> > > However, its all about volunteers. If there's no one volunteering
> > > for it (and no I'm not either) then I'm +1 to Q1 and Q2 below.
> > > If Vidyanand is willing to check out eclipse's API and determine
> > > whether it makes sense to do something different/new for Axis then

=== message truncated ===

=====

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.
+0

> [...]

> > Please respond to axis-dev

> > <ax...@xml.apache.org>, <di...@yahoo.com>
> > cc
> >
> > bcc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: [VOTE] Re: XML Schema support for Axis (Contrib from Infravio)
> >

> > I apologize for not commenting on this earlier. I know eclipse
> > (www.eclipse.org) also has an open-source schema model/API.
> > That was used in the latest version of JROM ..
> >
> > It seems to me that it would make sense for someone to check the
> > eclipse API before taking on the task of maintaining such a
> > beast as part of Axis.
> >
> > However, its all about volunteers. If there's no one volunteering
> > for it (and no I'm not either) then I'm +1 to Q1 and Q2 below.
> > If Vidyanand is willing to check out eclipse's API and determine
> > whether it makes sense to do something different/new for Axis then

=== message truncated ===

=====

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
James,

> [...]

> > Please respond to axis-dev

> > <ax...@xml.apache.org>, <di...@yahoo.com>
> > cc
> >
> > bcc
> >
> > Subject
> > Re: [VOTE] Re: XML Schema support for Axis (Contrib from Infravio)
> >

> > I apologize for not commenting on this earlier. I know eclipse
> > (www.eclipse.org) also has an open-source schema model/API.
> > That was used in the latest version of JROM ..
> >
> > It seems to me that it would make sense for someone to check the
> > eclipse API before taking on the task of maintaining such a
> > beast as part of Axis.
> >
> > However, its all about volunteers. If there's no one volunteering
> > for it (and no I'm not either) then I'm +1 to Q1 and Q2 below.
> > If Vidyanand is willing to check out eclipse's API and determine
> > whether it makes sense to do something different/new for Axis then

=== message truncated ===

=====

Posted by James M Snell <ja...@us.ibm.com>.

=====

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
James,

=====

Posted by Davanum Srinivas <di...@yahoo.com>.
Folks,

=====

Posted by Chris Haddad <ha...@apache.org>.
support for schema concepts beyond the basics is a good thing.

1. +1
2. +1

/Chris