Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by John Yoko Ono Lennon <te...@gmail.com> on 2016/08/28 23:16:19 UTC

Inquiries

Does Apache have
Old English font available?
How stable is it?
I have used WPS but it always collapses.
Upgrade costs?

Re: Inquiries

Posted by Fernando Cassia <fc...@gmail.com>.
[This somehow landed on the dev list]

On 8/28/16, John Yoko Ono Lennon <te...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Does Apache have
> Old English font available?
> How stable is it?
> I have used WPS but it always collapses.
> Upgrade costs?

Apache Open Office uses whatever fonts you have installed on your system.
Once you have a new font installed on your system, AOO will show it,
and you will be able to use it in your documents.

This web site has 44 Old English fonts available for free download
http://www.1001fonts.com/old-english-fonts.html

I have downloaded e.g. Canterbury fonts from the above page, extracted
the .ttf to the fonts folder on my system (since I use LinuxMint, a
variant of Ubuntu Linux, I used as destination the fonts folder
/usr/share/fonts/truetype/openoffice - but if you use Windows it's
usually c:\windows\fonts, on Mac, check your OS documentation, I can't
help you with fruity OS), and lo and behold, I could use it on my AOO
text documents, just by selecting the font name from the drop-down
menu.

Here is a screenshot:
https://s12.postimg.org/ul6oec2ul/font.png

Hope this helps. Good luck!