Posted to users@myfaces.apache.org by Alexander Wallace <aw...@rwmotloc.com> on 2007/07/06 20:56:05 UTC

switching to https from MyFaces porltet.

Is there a standard way to switch to https from an action in a
portlet written using MyFaces?

I can't find much in google about it...

Thanks!

Re: switching to https from MyFaces porltet.

Posted by Scott O'Bryan <da...@gmail.com>.
Alexander,

I'm not sure I follow you.  Do you mean you want to call a standalone
url which is https from a portlet or you want the portal url to be https?

One problem you're constantly going to have is with session.  Session
cookies are server-based which generally are unique to a server/port.
HTTPS will switch the port, giving you a new session on some servers.
If you are trying to generate a portal url that uses SSL and your
original request was not SSL, then I'm afraid that JSR-168 does not
support this.  It would have to be handled on a portal by portal basis.
This has nothing really to do with MyFaces.

Scott