Posted to dev@opennlp.apache.org by "Bruno P. Kinoshita" <br...@yahoo.com.br.INVALID> on 2022/01/07 08:44:39 UTC

[Build] Move from Travis CI to GH Actions?

Hi,

I was reviewing a simple PR but after squashing commits and rebasing, Travis CI never came back to build it. I closed and then opened it again, and nothing. I went to app.travis-ci.com/github/apache/opennlp, looked for the build in the pull requests tab and found that it was in progress.

I noticed since Travis CI was acquired the performance of the build workers degraded a lot, and several projects moved to GH Actions, like ASF commons, or to other solutions like Jenkins (Jena).

Migrating to GH Actions shouldn't be too hard, and from past experience that should improve the time to build pull requests. Any thoughts?

https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-1352

Cheers
Bruno

Re: [Build] Move from Travis CI to GH Actions?

Posted by Jeff Zemerick <jz...@apache.org>.
Bruno,

I don't have any experience with GH Actions but I'm fine with a move since
other ASF projects have adopted it and it seems easy to do.

Thanks,
Jeff

On Fri, Jan 7, 2022 at 3:44 AM Bruno P. Kinoshita