Posted to dev@plc4x.apache.org by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de> on 2018/07/31 09:24:05 UTC

Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Hi all,

I know that I have asked this before, but I think I should do this again …
Hopefully this time there will be more interest in it. I will also be inviting some people who are not on the list.

As I mentioned before, my company has a Finca on the Island of Mallorca (Spain). This Finca can be freely used by teams for team retreats.

I would like to invite people interested in PLC4X to meet in person and to discuss things like API, Features, Architecture and do some Onboarding with potential new committers …
ok … and of course Pool, BBQ and Sangria ;-)

The accommodation and most of the food and drinks would be covered by codecentric and all you would need to do is cover the flight costs there (pretty cheap outside of the holiday season)
Having a look at the calendar however this retreat would have to be somewhere after 19.11. as all previous slots are taken, but I would really like to meet with you guys. Probably the Pool sessions will be a little chilly, but it’s always better there than in Frankfurt at that time (about 10°C warmer and a lot dryer)

I was thinking of 3-4 days (maybe including weekend if this fits your calendars better)

What do you think?

Chris

AW: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi all,

so Sebasitan and I just checked in to LH 1158 and we're on seats 25A and 25B ... so if Julian and Tim would like ... 24 and 26 should still be empty.

I'm probably going to switch off and take with me the Beckhoff device and the Siemens S7 1200. I was planning on bringing our new Siemens LOGO! Based IoT Robot, unfortunately I got the missing parts today and it would just be way too much work for finishing it till tomorrow and I just noticed I need 2 micro SD cards (For Raspberry and LOGO) and currently have none. ... Perhaps if a Miracle is going to happen, I might be able, but don't expect me to have it in my suitcase. Perhaps it would also be good to not check the luggage till we're all there ... eventually there might be a chance that I've got too much weight in my suitcase (all the tech-stuff and so) so we might be better off distributing the weight a little ;-)

I would suggest we meet at Terminal A, as this is where the Lufthansa flights usually depart.

So what I'm gonna bring with me is:
- A little switch
- A few network cables (Please bring one for your laptops ... and ideally not just 50cm)
- 2 PLCs
- Stickers
- Toddy (He cannot wait and is bugging me all the time: "How many days?!?!?")
- Perhaps the Robot

Sangria and stuff we'll get as soon as we're on the Island ;-)

So if you have some PLCs you could bring with you ... the more the better ... also if someone has a little WiFi router ... would also be cool ... A 3G/LTE WiFi router: even better ;-)

Anything else I should bring with me?

Looking forward to our little work-trip.

Chris

Am 02.08.18, 10:39 schrieb "Justin Mclean" <ju...@me.com>:

    Hi,

    Can’t promise I’m make it at this point (given it’s the other side of the world) but it sounds like a fun idea.

    Thanks,
    Justin

Re: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Posted by Justin Mclean <ju...@me.com>.
Hi,

Re: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Posted by Sebastian Rühl <se...@googlemail.com.INVALID>.
Hi Chris,

Im fine with this date. Count me in.

Sebastian

Re: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Re: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Re: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Posted by Christofer Dutz <ch...@c-ware.de>.
Hi Julian,

I'd suggest doing this sort of thing the Apache way ... in the open.

How about setting up a doodle and posting the link to that here?

Chris

Am 31.07.18, 14:49 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

    Hi Chris,

    yes, thats fine.

    Should we try to fix a date where at least we here and you are available before inviting others?

    Julian

    Am 31.07.18, 14:45 schrieb "Christofer Dutz" <ch...@c-ware.de>:

        Hi Julian,

        no .. no contracts involved.

        I am trying to bring more people on board and they too seem to be working on something similar to PLC4X, but currently have only managed to get S7 support working. They seemed very interested in joining forces. Unfortunately we never really managed to meet and do the kickoff.

        I would simply contact them via email, the same way I have in the past.

        Chris

        Am 31.07.18, 14:40 schrieb "Julian Feinauer" <j....@pragmaticminds.de>:

            Hey Chris,

            yes, we definetly consider both (Mallorca is set!).

            Do you have contacts to the guys from the University or how should we notify them?

            Julian

Re: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Re: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?

Re: Code-Retreat on Mallorca?