Posted to dev@samza.apache.org by Prateek Maheshwari <pr...@gmail.com> on 2019/12/13 22:05:49 UTC

[DISCUSS] SEP 25: PR Title and Description Guidelines

Hi folks,

In order to make Samza PR descriptions and commit messages more consistent,
informative and discoverable, we propose the following requirements for new
PRs submitted to the Samza project

https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SAMZA/SEP-25%3A+PR+Title+And+Description+Guidelines

Contributors should copy-paste and update the description template when
submitting PRs.
Committers should ensure that the guidelines are followed before merging
changes.

Please take a look and let us know if you have any concerns or suggestions.

Thanks,
Prateek

Re: [DISCUSS] SEP 25: PR Title and Description Guidelines

Posted by Prateek Maheshwari <pr...@gmail.com>.
Thanks for the feedback folks. Since the feedback is positive, I'll start a
VOTE for the SEP.
@Jagadish Venkatraman <Ja...@gmail.com>, will add a link to this SEP
to the contributor's corner in the appropriate place.

Thanks,
Prateek

Posted by Yi Pan <ni...@gmail.com>.
+1 (binding). lgtm. Thanks!