Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Andrzej Jan Taramina <an...@chaeron.com> on 2002/02/12 02:27:41 UTC

More info on mod_webapp problems....

For some reason, Tomcat 4.02 doesn't always return a proper response
header when it receives a GET request for an image across the Apache Warp
(mod_webapp) connection under Windoze.

If you try to access the sample Tomcat page:  /examples/jsp/index.html

There are three images that GET's are issued for.

Here is what a correct response looked like (using the RequestDumper Valve):

authType=null
contentLength=1231
contentType=image/gif
header=Last-Modified=Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:09:24 GMT
     2002-02-11 20:25:15
header=ETag="1231-1013357364000"
message=OK
remoteUser=null
status=200

However the next image returns the following incorrect response:

authType=null
contentLength=-1
contentType=null
message=Not Modified
remoteUser=null
status=304

Very strange.  I'm trying to dig further into why this is happening...but with the
new Released 4.0.2 Tomcat I am having a devil of a time trying to turn debug
logging on for the Warp connection.  I've recompiled the Java sources with the
debug flag = true, and set the debug level in all the Connectors and such to 4,
and logging verbosity to 4 as well.  But still no output to the log file.

I suspect someone broke something in the final 4.0.2 release, since this used
to work only a few days go.

Very frustrating.
Andrzej Jan Taramina
http://www.chaeron.com

Re: More info on mod_webapp problems....

Posted by jean-frederic clere <jf...@fujitsu-siemens.com>.
Andrzej Jan Taramina wrote:

> For some reason, Tomcat 4.02 doesn't always return a proper response
> header when it receives a GET request for an image across the Apache Warp
> (mod_webapp) connection under Windoze.
>
> If you try to access the sample Tomcat page:  /examples/jsp/index.html
>
> There are three images that GET's are issued for.
>
> Here is what a correct response looked like (using the RequestDumper Valve):
>
> authType=null
> contentLength=1231
> contentType=image/gif
> header=Last-Modified=Sun, 10 Feb 2002 16:09:24 GMT
>      2002-02-11 20:25:15
> header=ETag="1231-1013357364000"
> message=OK
> remoteUser=null
> status=200
>
> However the next image returns the following incorrect response:
>
> authType=null
> contentLength=-1
> contentType=null
> message=Not Modified