Posted to ftpserver-users@mina.apache.org by Jerry M <te...@malcolms.com> on 2009/02/25 19:35:15 UTC

Virtual Directories?

I've just started looking at the apache ftp server.  The docs mentioned
virtual directory support.  But I couldn't find anything in the docs
related to how to set it up and what the capabilities are.

I'm running a Windows server.  Is there a way to let user A have access
to folders X, Y, Z and user B have access only to folder Y, etc?  How is
that configured?

Did I miss a section of the docs where this is covered?

Thx.

Re: Virtual Directories?

Posted by Niklas Gustavsson <ni...@protocol7.com>.
On Wed, Feb 25, 2009 at 7:35 PM, Jerry M <te...@malcolms.com> wrote:
> I'm unning a Windows server.  Is there a way to let user A have access to
> folders X, Y, Z and user B have access only to folder Y, etc?  How is that
> configured?

Unless X, Y and X have a shared parent that you can allow A to access,
there is currently no way of doing this with our current file system
implementation. You could of course soft link directories to create
what you want, but that's really beyond FtpServer :-)

/niklas