Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rui Oliveira <ol...@milu.ipn.pt> on 2001/04/19 18:57:53 UTC

Running JServ + Tomcat on the same machine.

Hello,

is it possible to have both JServ and Tomcat running on the same machine?

I've tried to do it, but the AJPDefaultPort is used by the Apache to connect
to JServ, and then, in order to connect to Tomcat, it fails. I cannot access
to JSPs whithout using the Tomcat port in the connection URL.

I need both (JServ and Tomcat) because I'm running JSPS, and I'm also using
JSSI to interact with some servlets...

Is there a way to "tell" Apache that he needs to use another instance of AJP
to interact with Tomcat?

Thx
Rui Oliveira

Re: Running JServ + Tomcat on the same machine.

Posted by Steve Ruby <st...@rubysolutions.com>.
Just make sure that your workers.properties defined workers for tomcat
on a different port than for Jserv... ie something other than 8007 for Tomcat
there should be no problems running both on the same machine even with
the same instance of Apache on the front.