Posted to user@struts.apache.org by cree <vi...@oswego.edu> on 2008/03/21 16:01:56 UTC

Struts 2.06 to 2.10 Upgrade Problem

I have been working on this for a couple hours now and I just cannot resolve
it.  I have been running an earlier version of struts 2 and from my reading
to gain struts-dojo-tags support I need to run on struts 2.1.  I have
downloaded the struts 2.1 zip file and have replaced all old struts 2.06
with struts 2.1 jar files.

This is apparently the only error I have recieved thus far.  From more
reading others suggest missing jar files.  I have all minimum required, at
this point I am not really sure why it says it cannot find this jar file.
It is the xwork-2.1.0.jar file from what I have seen.  Here is a list of all
the required jar files of which I have:
xwork-2.1.0.jar
commons-logging-1.0.4.jar
struts2-core-2.1.0.jar
freemarker-2.3.10.jar
ognl-2.6.11.jar

Thanks in advance

Unable to load bean: type:com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.ValueStackFactory
class:com.opensymphony.xwork2.ognl.OgnlValueStackFactory - bean -
jar:file:.../WEB-INF/lib/struts2-core-2.1.0.jar!/struts-default.xml:69:-1
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.register(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:208)
	at
org.apache.struts2.config.StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.register(StrutsXmlConfigurationProvider.java:99)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.impl.DefaultConfiguration.reload(DefaultConfiguration.java:131)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.ConfigurationManager.getConfiguration(ConfigurationManager.java:52)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init_PreloadConfiguration(Dispatcher.java:373)
	at org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.Dispatcher.init(Dispatcher.java:426)
	at
org.apache.struts2.dispatcher.FilterDispatcher.init(FilterDispatcher.java:211)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.getFilter(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:223)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.setFilterDef(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:304)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ApplicationFilterConfig.<init>(ApplicationFilterConfig.java:77)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.filterStart(StandardContext.java:3600)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.StandardContext.start(StandardContext.java:4193)
	at
org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChildInternal(ContainerBase.java:759)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.addChild(ContainerBase.java:739)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.addChild(StandardHost.java:524)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWAR(HostConfig.java:809)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployWARs(HostConfig.java:698)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.deployApps(HostConfig.java:472)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.start(HostConfig.java:1122)
	at
org.apache.catalina.startup.HostConfig.lifecycleEvent(HostConfig.java:310)
	at
org.apache.catalina.util.LifecycleSupport.fireLifecycleEvent(LifecycleSupport.java:119)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1021)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardHost.start(StandardHost.java:718)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.ContainerBase.start(ContainerBase.java:1013)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardEngine.start(StandardEngine.java:442)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardService.start(StandardService.java:450)
	at org.apache.catalina.core.StandardServer.start(StandardServer.java:709)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Catalina.start(Catalina.java:551)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.start(Bootstrap.java:294)
	at org.apache.catalina.startup.Bootstrap.main(Bootstrap.java:432)
Caused by: java.lang.IncompatibleClassChangeError: Implementing class
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClassInternal(WebappClassLoader.java:1812)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.findClass(WebappClassLoader.java:866)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1319)
	at
org.apache.catalina.loader.WebappClassLoader.loadClass(WebappClassLoader.java:1198)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.util.ClassLoaderUtil.loadClass(ClassLoaderUtil.java:139)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork2.config.providers.XmlConfigurationProvider.register(XmlConfigurationProvider.java:180)
	... 33 more

Re: Struts 2.06 to 2.10 Upgrade Problem

Posted by cree <vi...@oswego.edu>.
Thanks for the response,  my final thought was what you mentioned that there
are two (or more) sets of jars competing causing an environment issue.  I
guess this was one of those "I hope there is an unresolved problem before I
go through all the jars that need to be replaced" =).

I will consider what you have mentioned and see if I can resolve this
problem.

Thanks again,

John

Posted by Dave Newton <ne...@yahoo.com>.