Posted to server-user@james.apache.org by Don Saxton <eu...@pacbell.net> on 2002/06/02 04:04:19 UTC

Re: a problem with add user at development

Sam --

thats cool. but let me ask a little more... what is the advantage to rmi
over the simple telnet connection? isn't it an issue of where the objects
are played with? -- meaning that rmi requires you to move the objects over
to the server side (a little bit beefier message) before doing the
RemoteManager commands, and in the telnet way the objects aren't marshaled,
just the commands.  Over an above this, I think I am asking if we get
anything extra outa having the "user" at the server.

or maybe there are just two ways to do this --  and one just picks one
depending on the situation...

--don