Posted to general@portals.apache.org by Ate Douma <at...@douma.nu> on 2005/06/13 22:05:53 UTC

Bridges or Portals-Bridges?

I'm gonna make a start on the bridges subproject configuration but I'm not sure which name to use
for the maven groupId and more general as public Project Description.

In the charter for the bridges subproject (/portals-site/forms/bridges.txt) the "bridges" short form
is used throughout.
But in the current available documentation we mainly use the longer "Portals Bridges" description as
well as the maven groupId portals-bridges for all artifacts. Furthermore, the JIRA project also is
named "Portals Bridges".

Now, I expect the formal subproject name to be "bridges", certainly as we already have the mailing
list up and running that way.
This is fine with me.

But, personally, I think we better can use/keep the longer "Portals Bridges" term for publications
and as project title, as well as the "portals-bridges" maven groupId as it is much easier for the
migration and probably will also provide better recognition to the public.

But maybe there are other ideas?.

I'm gonna start with the bridges configuration / main website docs using my preferences as above.
If anyone objects or has a better idea, please don't wait to respond :-)

Regards, Ate

Re: Bridges or Portals-Bridges?

Posted by Raphaël Luta <ra...@apache.org>.
Ate Douma wrote:

> Now, I expect the formal subproject name to be "bridges", certainly as
> we already have the mailing list up and running that way.
> This is fine with me.
>
> But, personally, I think we better can use/keep the longer "Portals
> Bridges" term for publications and as project title, as well as the
> "portals-bridges" maven groupId as it is much easier for the migration
> and probably will also provide better recognition to the public.
>
> But maybe there are other ideas?.

Given that Bridges is part of Portals top level project, its official
name should be something like Apache Portals Bridges, so Portals Bridges
seem like an adequate handle for communication on the website.

--
Raphaël Luta - raphael@apache.org
http://portals.apache.org/