Posted to fop-dev@xmlgraphics.apache.org by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org> on 2006/12/21 10:08:33 UTC

Codegen directory structure

I am wondering how/where I should put the UAX#14 code generation java
source and data files in our repository.

The obvious choice is the existing codegen directory. But it contains
all the font codegen stuff at the top level which I don't want to mix
with the Unicode stuff. So what I would like to do is to move all the
font stuff one level down in the structure, e.g. to a new
codegen/fonts, and then create a codegen/unicode. Has anyone a problem
with that? May be there is another solution? I am open to suggestions.

Also I didn't get any response to the question if we could/should store
the needed Unicode data files in the Apache repository.

Manuel

Re: Codegen directory structure

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Baaah, sorry. Looks like I misunderstood you. You meant src/codegen, of
course, not build/codegen. Sorry for the noise.

On 21.12.2006 21:16:51 Jeremias Maerki wrote:
> Me, too. In that case, I'd prefer not to place the generated sources
> under the build directory since this is, for me, strictly a temporary,
> build-related directory.
<snip/>

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Codegen directory structure

Posted by Jeremias Maerki <de...@jeremias-maerki.ch>.
Me, too. In that case, I'd prefer not to place the generated sources
under the build directory since this is, for me, strictly a temporary,
build-related directory.

However, a quick glance indicates that the data files are distributed
under a very liberal license [1] which would allow us to put them in our
codebase allowing code generation like we do for code points and fonts.
Of course, we have to take a closer inspection here.

[1] http://www.unicode.org/copyright.html

On 21.12.2006 15:31:39 jcumps wrote:
> Thank you, Manuel.
>
> > Also, this is not part of the normal build. The generated file will be
> > in SVN and need only be regenerated by the FOP developers if the
> > Unicode standard changes.
>
> When I received the first mail, I was thinking that this was a runtime
> dependency.
>
> Regards, Jan

Jeremias Maerki

Re: Codegen directory structure

Posted by jc...@gmail.com.

Posted by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org>.

Posted by Manuel Mall <ma...@apache.org>.
On Thursday 21 December 2006 18:44, Vincent Hennebert wrote:
<snip/>

Posted by Vincent Hennebert <vi...@anyware-tech.com>.
Manuel Mall a écrit :
> I am wondering how/where I should put the UAX#14 code generation java
> source and data files in our repository.
>
> The obvious choice is the existing codegen directory. But it contains
> all the font codegen stuff at the top level which I don't want to mix
> with the Unicode stuff. So what I would like to do is to move all the
> font stuff one level down in the structure, e.g. to a new
> codegen/fonts, and then create a codegen/unicode. Has anyone a problem
> with that? May be there is another solution? I am open to suggestions.

Note that the codegen directory also contains other stuff (color
keywords, fo properties, etc.). But cleaning up that directory a bit by
creating subdirectories wouldn't hurt, IMO. So no pb for me.