Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by Singh <ap...@rediffmail.com> on 2004/09/02 20:28:18 UTC

[users@httpd] DirectoryIndex setting Challenge

Hi friends,
I have some challenge in getting the actual result which i want to get in context with my application which is developed in .NET/C# and deployed under RedHatLinux 9.0/ Apache 2.0 with mod_mono/ Mono 1.0. I have a file index.htm which i want to get loaded(i am currently working it on LAN) when i type
http://computername but instead of the index.htm, default.aspx page is loaded which is the application page as a matter of fact. How can i make it to load the index.htm of the site and then it goes to the application if the user wants? The index.htm page is there in the application. My settings are :
ServerRoot "/home/user/apache2/"
DocumentRoot "/var/www/html/apps"
<Directory />
    Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
    AllowOverride None
    Order Deny,Allow
    Deny from all
   </Directory>
<Directory "/var/www/html">
	Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
	Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
	AllowOverride All
</Directory>
<Directory "/var/www/html/apps">
        AllowOverride All
 	Options Indexes FollowSymLinks
        Order allow,deny
        Allow from all
</Directory>
UserDir public_html
UserDir disabled root

All the help in this context will be higly appreciated.
Regards

Re: [users@httpd] DirectoryIndex setting Challenge

Posted by Blain Sadler <bl...@tradedesksoftware.com>.
Hi Singh,

What does your DirectoryIndex line look like?  Is default.aspx before
index.htm?

--
Blain Sadler
Software Developer