Posted to dev@bigtop.apache.org by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com> on 2016/11/28 15:06:46 UTC

Hadoop 2.7.3 upgrade brook Giraph build ..

As part of Bigtop release 1.2 road-map, I upgraded hadoop to version 2.7.3
last week. Unfortunately it appears the recent changes (HADOOP-11252) in
Hadoop 2.7.3 has broken source-level compatibility resulting in Apache
Graph build-break. This issue has been reported by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/GIRAPH-1112.
The good news is, it looks like the failure has been resolved by
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-13579  that is targeted for
Hadoop 2.7.4.

The question is, should we target hadoop 2.7.4 or maintain Hadoop 2.7.2 for
bigtop v1.2.0 ?

Re: Hadoop 2.7.3 upgrade brook Giraph build ..

Posted by Olaf Flebbe <of...@oflebbe.de>.
Sorry I was refering to GIRAPH-1110. A patch to Giraph not Hadoop.

Olaf

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.
I rather move to Hadoop 2.7.4, if the release day is near.

Posted by Roman Shaposhnik <ro...@shaposhnik.org>.

Posted by Akira Ajisaka <aj...@oss.nttdata.com>.
Hi,

Posted by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com>.