Posted to j-users@xalan.apache.org by Bert Van Dooren <vd...@pandora.be> on 2004/02/03 11:08:54 UTC

Access xsl:variables in extensions

Hi,

Is there a possibility to access all defined xsl:variables and
xsl:parameters in extensions?
I found a method to access all global "xsl:variable" properties in scope
for a stylesheet, but - as said - only returns the global variables.
When a variable is declared in a <xsl:template>,  it will not be returned:

<xsl:stylesheet ... >

<xsl:variable name="gVar" select="'a global variable'"/>

<xsl:template match="/">
   <xsl:variable name="lVar" select="'a local variable'"/>
    <extension:doSomething ... />  <!-- = USE OF AN EXTENSION ELEMENT -->
</xsl:template>

</xsl:stylesheet>

in doSomething, I want to access gVar AND lVar. But till now, I just
found a method to get gVar only. How can I access lVar?

Thanks,
Bert