Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by suny_reddy <su...@mettoni.com> on 2011/09/23 12:48:39 UTC

SendMessage getting hung when ActiveMQ is restarted

Hi,

I am using ActiveMQ 5.6.0 Snapshot and ActiveMQ-CPP 3.4.0. I am doing a
negative test with my application. ActiveMQ server is installed as a
service. I started application with a load of 10 messages per second. While
sending the messages I restarted ActiveMQ service. Most of the times I am
getting Connection Interrupted message and my application stops sending
further messages on receiving Interrupted event and waits till "Resumed"
event appears.

My issue is during this test some times application is getting hung after
send message and it is not getting anything back. I am not sure what is
happening here, there is no exception or error I am receiving back.
(ActiveMQ service got restarted properly)

I am trying with different config options, but still issue persists.
Here is the Broker URI I am using.....
failover://(tcp://192.168.10.5:61616)?connection.sendTimeout=30000&startupMaxReconnectAttempts=10&maxReconnectAttempts=5&initialReconnectDelay=5&transport.useInactivityMonitor=true&timeout=30000&connection.useAsyncSend=true

As per this Send Message should return an exception after time out of 30
seconds, but this is also not happening most of the times. Sometimes it
happnes, but immidiately after receiving exception, application gets hung
while sending next message.

Could any one give me some suggestions to solve this problem. Also is there
any way to enable logs in ActiveMQ-CPP, so that I can atleast know what is
happening inside.

Thanks & Regards
Suneel